100 g Bag
The Easiest and Greatest Homegrown Organic Superfoods!
Broccoli sprouts are believed to be an excellent cancer fighter.
Certified Organic and NON GMO
- Days to Sprout: Sprout- 4-5, Microgreen- 7-10
- Soak Time: 2-3 hours
- Yield: 1 tbsp of dry seed yields approx. 1 cup of sprouts.
- Storage: Seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you'd like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they'll last even longer!
Rich in vitamins K, C, B6, and E, folate, dietary fiber phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium. Broccoli sprouts contain high levels of the cellular detoxifier sulforaphane, which may help to prevent cancer and rejuvenate the immune system.
Did You Know:
Eating a daily portion of broccoli sprouts could help tame the H pylori bacteria, linked to stomach ulcers and even cancer, new research suggests. Read more in the BBC News article. New broccoli sprout study shows benefits carry into the offspring's adulthood. Eating broccoli sprouts during pregnancy may provide your kids with life-long protection against cardiovascular disease, according to a research team led by Bernhard Juurlink at the University of Saskatchewan. Broccoli sprouts pack a powerful punch against cancer. Read the original press release on broccoli sprouts and cancer prevention.
Best Sprouting Method:
- Sprouting Tray
- Easy Sprouter
- SOAK- Put 1 to 2 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with mesh and secure with rubber band. Add water, swirl, and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak for 2-3 hours. (Soaking broccoli for longer than 3 hours can cause it to loose germination.) Drain well.
- RINSE - Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl, and drain very well by tapping and banging. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
- ENJOY - Ready to eat in 4 to 5 days. Refrigerate to store. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.)
- SOAK- Cover the bottom of the sprouting tray with soil or baby blanket. Moisten the growing medium. Sprinkle on dry broccoli seed and mist with spray bottle.
- WATER - Twice a day, rinse the seeds. Either rinse under a tap of running water, or use a spray bottle to mist well. Tip the tray to the side to drain well.
- ENJOY - Ready to eat in 7 to 10 days. Using sharp knife or clean scissors, cut above the soil bed.
- Refrigerate to store. Sprouts can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in a sealed container. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.)